Digital Recruiting Campaign
Brands of all sizes are facing a significant challenge to attract and recruit talent to their organization. Therefore, The Home Depot wanted to explore options that could reach the mass of potential candidates through digital channels.
Many companies were doing the "come work for us" approach as their top-line message, but the Hierarchy team knewa different approach. The first step was to start with a true attractor that aligns with the brands' mission and energy. "Built To Bring It" was the rallying cry that was developed to not only break through the recruiting space but be the strength of the campaign and what kind of team members the brand was seeking.
An additional component to the recruiting strategy was the trade show circuit. It required a separate message that was a spin on the "build" momentum of the brand that focused on tech careers. "We Build Doers" was born.
• The "Built To Bring It" campaign needed to do the heavy lifting to help fill the positions of 80 000 seasonal associates.
• “Real Life” associate stories were highlighted, showing how they are “Built To Bring It” and how The Home Depot works with their unique lifestyles.
• A dark Instagram and Facebook approach was deployed for the campaign. Promotion was also supported through a targeted banner ad network.
• The "We Build Doers" campaign was adapted for a variety of trade show events, including OSCON and Grace Hopper.
• A unique activation was creating a living wall of succulents given away to every attendee who visited the booth. They included a plant card used as a mini-interview guide left behind with on-site recruiters for follow-up. A full semi of plants was given away and tracked with a hashtag of #webuilddoers.
• A fully interactive touchscreen allowed potential talent to identify their journey and benefits with The Home Depot—specifically for use at tech-focused trade shows, which also put The Home Depot on the map for candidates looking for a career in technology.
increase in digital applications over the 8 week campaign